TTRPG Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Tales From the Tavern Interview With Juicy Garland

NOTE: the opinions expressed in interviews are those of the guests, not necessarily those of shadomain.com.

Today we hear from Juicy Garland, a Boston-area drag queen and super nerd. She does tons of Actual Play content and is part of Tabletop Talespinners (TTN), an Actual Play network focused on diversity without tokenism with the best possible casting. She's currently, among many things, in All Our Faults, a Monsterhearts 2 AP podcast produced by TTN. You can find her @juicygarland. Let's go!

Juicy Garland

What is your favorite TV Show(s) or Movie(s)@gamermomlunaThere are TOO MANY I love. Current faves in TV: What We Do In The Shadows, Lost, The Golden Girls, Always Sunny in Philadelphia, The Batman Animated Series Current faves in film: Alien, The Importance of Being Earnest, An Ideal Husband, The Green Knight, Serial Mom, Young Frankenstein, The Producers (original), Chicago, Philadelphia Story, A Star is Born (Judy's version), Summerstock, Gentlemen Prefer Blonds

If you created a TTRPG about anything, what would it be like?
Science Fiction B-movie chaos, with high stakes and lots of flavor. It would have light crunch and it would offer a lot for investigation, combat, and roleplay.

What celebrity would you like to GM or play an RPG with?
In the TTRPG sphere: Noura Ibrahim, Sydney and Kate from Glass Cannon...honestly, the suite of performers who work with Glass Cannon are amazing. I want to play with them. Outside of the TTRPG sphere, let's raise the dead. I wanna play TTRPGs with Katharine Hepburn, Lauren Bacall, and Jane Russel. None of them would get it and it would be a blast! He's still around, so we'll have John Waters GM.

What do you think is absolutely essential in creating a safe space for all in a TTRPG game?
Trust and rapport. You need to have safety tools, but you have to trust everyone you play with to use them when they need them. When you have that trust and security, you can push boundaries safely. This is especially true in horror gaming.

Anything else you'd like us to know:
I'm not a cheap date, but I'm a good one!

Thanks, Juicy!

If you’d like to be interviewed at Shadomain, fill out this simple form and we’ll publish your answers on an upcoming Wednesday: https://shadomain.com/interview/
If you’d like customized questions about what you do, just email info@shadomain.com